Creating Jigoshop WordPress Test environment
Why to create Jigoshop WordPress Test environment
Before upgrade of the Jigoshop WordPress production web site (upgrade of the WordPress, theme in use, active WP plugins/Jigoshop extensions, etc.), in order to avoid unwanted compatibility issues or any other problem on the Jigoshop production web site afterwards between any of web site / web shop components, general strong recommendation to all WordPress web admins is that appropriate upgrade tests should be carried out in test environment using your production web site data.
Following below upgrade testing procedure you can considerably reduce risk of possible problems/break on your Jigoshop WordPress production web site and avoid roll-back scenarios.
Jigoshop WordPress web site upgrade testings can be carried out by cloning your production site to
a. local PC
b. Internet web site subdomain for testing purposes
Easy steps to clone Jigoshop WordPress production site to test environment
2) build server in the following 2 ways:
a) build local server on your PC/notebook
-Instant WP - the most easier and free way to install local server with WordPress
-XAMPP - more complex free way to install local server with WordPress
b. ask your hosting company to set test domain for you using Internet web site subdomain
4) carry out upgrade of the WordPress, plugins, themes, etc. in created test environment and perform necessary testings
5) after finishing testings, report any discovered Jigoshop bugs/problems discovered (if any) to Jigoshop Team (http://forum.jigoshop.com/discussions/problems) with appropriate description and Jigoshop System Info
6) after all reported Jigoshop bugs are corrected and pushed to new official Jigoshop version by Jigoshop Team (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jigoshop/changelog/), perform upgrade(s) on your Jigoshop WordPress production web site.
If you see message "Unable to read clone file" while performing backup restore process, decompress cloned file with 7z software.
Freemium solutions for creating Jigoshop WordPress Test environment
Free + paid solutions for creating WordPress testing environment by using your production web site data:
Paid solutions for creating Jigoshop WordPress Test environment
Paid solutions for creating WordPress testing environment by using your production web site data:
- Add a new tab to a product page / Custom tabs on product pages?
- Adding a Continue Shopping button to the single product page
- Adding Product Category Terms in a dropdown box for Custom Post Meta
- Add Alternate text on product picture and title
- Adding buttons / info to the end of each product
- View all (171 more)