Please note: This forum is now closed. All the support related enquiries should be reported on wordpress support forum for jigoshop plugin – thanks, Jigoshop Team

Ability to put shortcodes in description panel

Steve Carroll

09 Nov, 2011 05:48 AM

I think being able to put shortcodes (of, say. product IDs or SKUs) in the product description panel would be a great feature. While you can put them there right now they don't really work the way the user would expect. If they would take you to the product page that would be a nice feature. The add to cart button actually does work so part of the effort of implementing this feature is already there; fixing the image so that it can take you to that product's page is all that's left. I tried to find the problem (I thought it was a jquery conflict, but I don't think it is) to no avail. In any event, if this were working you could remove the Related Products if you wanted (I simply suppressed the echo out) and manually put in specific products that you want to show up on a given product page. You'd then have the maximum amount of flexibility when promoting truly related products of your own choosing.

1. 2 Posted by Matt on 09 Nov, 2011 01:53 PM

We have an Up sells / Cross sells extension that will accomplish this. Though, the extension was pulled because it needed some work :/ So we'll see what we can do about getting it back out there.

2. 3 Posted by Steve Carroll on 09 Nov, 2011 07:52 PM

HI Matt, this sounds like a great addition. Is the output moved into other, non-visible (in the default state) panels? The thing about doing what I'm talking about above lets the user put it on the default (description) panel so the customer can see the products right away... which is really helpful from a promotional standpoint.

3. 4 Posted by Matt on 09 Nov, 2011 07:58 PM

Nope, that U/C extension will put it in plain site. Not another tab :)

Similar to how "Related Products" are setup. See Jeff's post here on when to expect the release.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac