Please note: This forum is now closed. All the support related enquiries should be reported on wordpress support forum for jigoshop plugin – thanks, Jigoshop Team

Different File Formats Option for Downloadable Products

Keith

03 Feb, 2012 10:11 PM

Hello! I'm selling music on my website, and I would like to offer the option of downloading the music in MP3 or FLAC format. I don't want to create different products for each format. Instead, I'd like to use one product and let the user choose either MP3 or FLAC. Is this possible?

Also, I am selling physical media too: vinyl records, to be exact. I would like for physical product to allow for the option of MP3 or FLAC download. My thought was to bundle the physical product with the digital product. In the end, I would like only two listings per album: digital edition (which you choose as MP3 or FLAC), and physical product bundled with a digital edition (which you choose as MP3 of FLAC).

Can I do this with Jigoshop?

Thanks for your help. :)

Keith

1. 1 Posted by Keith on 09 Feb, 2012 08:15 PM

Looking at this again... and it would be ideal if I could create a downloadable product with MP3 and FLAC attributes, then assign a different downloadable file to each attribute. Any chance that can happen in a future release?

For now I'm just going to give them one ZIP file with both MP3 and FLAC. It will suck for bandwidth, and take longer to download, but it's the only way I can do it.

2. 2 Posted by Keith on 17 Feb, 2012 02:03 PM

I'm still hoping there's an answer for this... I've been messing around with Jigoshop and looking through the knowledge base, but I can't seem to find a solution on my own.

3. 3 Posted by Matt on 17 Feb, 2012 02:04 PM

One variable product, two variations. One for FLAC, one for MP3.

Voila

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac