Please note: This forum is now closed. All the support related enquiries should be reported on wordpress support forum for jigoshop plugin – thanks, Jigoshop Team

Issues with Variable Product Images

jrkellew

08 Nov, 2011 02:54 AM

First off, I'm not sure these days which forum I should be posting in. I am a Jigoshop club member but this forum seems to receive much more activity so tell me if I should be posting in the premium forum instead of here.

I am using variable products on a project I am working on at the moment. I have added the attributes and added the two variations I need and they are both appearing in the product page & can be selected with no problem. However, when i try and upload an image, I navigate to the image, upload it, click to insert it into the post and the wp media uploader stalls & no image is uploaded.

This happened a couple of times when I tested the variations out on my locals server and I can't remember what I did to get the images attached but nothing I try now seems to work. Does anyone have any ideas or am I going about this completely wrong?

Showing the most recent page of comments. View the first page

1. 32 Posted by GregP on 08 May, 2012 06:49 PM

Philo's got it!

2. 33 Posted by GregP on 08 May, 2012 06:59 PM

Hmmm…new problem. I wanted to add some alt text/title, so I clicked on the variation thumbnail. It disappeared, and now my whole site is down with an error 500!

3. 34 Posted by Philo on 08 May, 2012 07:09 PM

Hey Greg -

This happened to me.  I had deleted some images because I did not want them to show up in the wp-gallery.  I had to trash the product page and then start from scratch.  My intention was to put the new images onto the thumbnail but all I got was errors and the option to select the thumbnail image disappeared. I tried reloading images but it completely failed.

Seems with the Gallery you have to get it exactly right - you have no option to change anything around or update the gallery in wordpress.

I know this probably does not help but having a little bit of knowledge might lead someone to help get a fix.

Philo

4. 35 Posted by GregP on 08 May, 2012 07:30 PM

Yep, the images/gallery is a bit odd all around. I also wish that the fancybox would display photos for the variations with the right/left arrows, instead of the images for other products.

My particular 500 error turned out to be a typo I made. oops

Thanks for the tips/sympathy ;) !

5. 36 Posted by performancewear on 03 Sep, 2012 04:28 AM

Hey gang, i thought i had the same problem. same result anyways; just the blank image uploader screen. Pretty simple solution: when you upload the image, make sure you click the FILE URL button. I noticed that my first couple uploads the field (that should contain your image src) is blank, so I assumed there was a bigger problem. Nope. Just make sure to click that button and you're good.

6. 37 Posted by Fred on 15 Nov, 2012 11:46 AM

Works for me too. When you've selected your image. Make sure the 'File URL' field is filled out in the Add Media dialogue box.

7. 38 Posted by Jana on 02 Dec, 2013 11:30 AM

Hello! And that may be the problem as is situation when can not to upload a photo into the product? Button and link to the images uploader simply do not work.
    I would be grateful for your help.
    Thanks.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac