Please note: This forum is now closed. All the support related enquiries should be reported on wordpress support forum for jigoshop plugin – thanks, Jigoshop Team

Checkout hanging/freezing

khoyan

16 Feb, 2012 03:26 AM

I had this problem after 1.0 and also now, after having updated to 1.1. I use the theme Freshshop.

Whenever I try checking out from the cart by filling in a fake name and address (for testing purposes only), the checkout will freeze/hang, and nothing else will happen. I can't click the order button, I can't check out, I can't do anything. I've waited for up to 20 minutes in hopes of getting a time-out message, but I never got one so far so I can't even help you with that. But in this state, I cannot open my store either.

I saw on the forums that others had this problem in 1.0. Do others still have the same issue in 1.1?

1. 1 Posted by Matt on 16 Feb, 2012 03:57 AM

Link to your checkout please?

2. 2 Posted by khoyan on 16 Feb, 2012 04:38 AM

3. 3 Posted by Matt on 16 Feb, 2012 04:48 AM

XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://www.clan-assembly.org/stempla/blogg/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?.... Origin http://www.stempladesign.no is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin.

Solution

4. 4 Posted by khoyan on 16 Feb, 2012 05:07 AM

Ok, I'm not the most tech savvy person in the world. I tried the suggestion in the link; setting both URLs without www. in front, and the result is now:

a) I cannot log into wp-admin, because it can't find clan-assembly.org (without the www) and have no idea how to regain control
    b) the site has now lost the theme

Could you please direct me how to fix those two issues and if possible, suggest a solution to the freezing checkout that I can do without jeopardising the state of the site?

5. 5 Posted by khoyan on 16 Feb, 2012 03:26 PM

Also, I don't see how that would fix it when both my url's were set with www ?
    Any help, please? Site's still funky, and won't allow me to log into wp-admin.

6. 6 Posted by khoyan on 30 Apr, 2012 10:53 AM

In regards to my previous post from February... I couldn't figure out how to regain access to the WP admin panel, so I reinstalled the whole thing, but that didn't fix my problem with the freezing checkout.

I've followed the other, longer thread, but there's just nothing that seems to work.

I really can't wait any longer for this issue to be fixed. Super sad about it, because I'm very pleased with how easy it is to use Jigoshop and I love the theme I got for it, but if I am to run a business, I must have a working shop. If it gets fixed anytime soon, I'll change back, but for now, I have to find another solution.

7. 7 Posted by Martin on 30 Apr, 2012 09:58 PM

khoyan

Do you have a SSL on your site - https ?

I too have this issue and so do some others - its also an issue with Woocommerce plugin as I tested it with this too.

I ran the the checkout page in Crome with the Dev Tools on and it gave this error about insecure data on page:

"XMLHttpRequest cannot load not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin"

Not that I know much!! but I think the ajax script for the page is linking back when accessing the ajax.php to validate the form fields which is creating an issue with the site being insecure with SSL.

I moved it to one of our other sites that does not have SSL and low and behold it worked, but I think this is a is an issue with ajax - even if you do not have SSL- something called callback and cross domain issues. I found this out from searching the net:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/HTTP_access_control

but I am not a code so cannot figure it out.

Yes jigoshop is great, but I have posted on here about this issue but no one appears to have the answer - even the coders!

8. 8 Posted by khoyan on 30 Apr, 2012 10:02 PM

Martin,

No, I do not have SSL. I have, like you, tested with Woocommerce as well, and it's the same problems there.

I'm afraid that I don't understand what that ajazx script thing is, but as I don't have SSL on my website, your solution couldn't really work for me, right?

At this point, I would pay someone to fix this issue for me. Surely someone must know what it is and how to fix it? It doesn't happen across the board, and when it does happen, it presents in different ways. I guess that's the biggest issue now.

9. 9 Posted by martin on 30 Apr, 2012 10:29 PM

Yes I just found out it as a issue with SSL, but I think it is an issue with ajax script with this Access-Control-Allow-Origin even without SSL. Yes and not everyone has it so it might be different server set-ups.

Woocommerce and cart66 can have this issue too

If you ran your Checkpage in Chrome with Dev Tools on it would give a I bet it would give a Access-Control-Allow-Origin error.

I don't understand what that ajax script thing! but there appear to be lots of debate about Access-Control-Allow-Origin out there with the techies!

Hopefully someone with code knowledge might pick up on this, but i appears to get ignored on here.

10. 10 Posted by Martin on 30 Apr, 2012 10:44 PM

Yes if there is someone with code knowledge I found this on access-control-allow-origin at:

http://meteatamel.wordpress.com/2011/02/11/access-control-allow-ori...

Someone gave the fix as:

I fixed this using jsonp call. I used jquery.getJSON see: http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.getJSON/ and if you look in the spec it will do jsonp call if you add “callback=?” in the url string

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac