Please note: This forum is now closed. All the support related enquiries should be reported on wordpress support forum for jigoshop plugin – thanks, Jigoshop Team

New Update Issues

niknak33

01 Feb, 2012 02:14 PM

Hi guys,

I just updated the new plugin and it seems to work fine after a few hiccups. I cannot seem to get any shortcodes working whatsoever. Any help?

Thank you.

Showing page 8 out of 11. View the first page

1. 211 Posted by Pearl on 10 Feb, 2012 02:33 PM

@Matt, for 1.0.1, do you think you can fix the product categories not able to be dragged and SAVED? The simple page plugin worked for dragging and saving, but it did not do any changes on the website. Also, your recently viewed widget and Product on sale widget are still not working with version 1.0.

2. Support Staff 212 Posted by Jeff on 10 Feb, 2012 02:45 PM

1.0.1 is slated for release sometime on Monday.

The recently viewed and products on sale (as well as several other widgets), are fixed.

We'll have a look at the product categories, but at this point I can't and won't promise anything.

3. 213 Posted by Pearl on 10 Feb, 2012 03:34 PM

With 1.0 version, search by sku# is still not working in Product > Search product. It will need to be SKU:#######, this will work. But Matt had mentioned before that with this newer version, we do not have to type in SKU:. We can simply type in #s only.

4. 214 Posted by Pearl on 10 Feb, 2012 05:20 PM

@Matt, I fixed my product categories problem. I installed a plugin called Gecka Terms Ordering. I was able to drag and drop product categories does not matter if they are in 3 pages. I was able to move and down. I am posting it here so anyone who needs this solution will benefit from it.

5. 215 Posted by Matt on 10 Feb, 2012 05:53 PM

@Pearl, I'm actually not sure on the status of the SKU searching. I believe Rob was working with that directly. I've asked him what the status is so will report back if he responds.

Thanks for the Gecka Terms Ordering suggestion, I'll add it to the FAQ. Cheers

6. 216 Posted by Pearl on 10 Feb, 2012 06:53 PM

7. 217 Posted by Pearl on 10 Feb, 2012 07:55 PM

For post 216, I want to add that when using Gecka Terms Ordering plugin, you would need to go to Jigoshop > setting > Cataglog & Pricing > Sort products in category by: Post Post Order, Save. Then you can drag the product categories. After finishing dragging to the order you want. You can reset "Sort products in category by" back to the original setting that you want.

8. 218 Posted by harry on 10 Feb, 2012 09:21 PM

There is still issues with the update. My site is not working now after the update to 1.01 and out of stock can not be removed and $0.00 price is showing up as well.

9. 219 Posted by gworthey on 10 Feb, 2012 09:43 PM

I'm having some sizing and spacing issues with the "Cancel order & restore cart" and "submit payment" buttons on the Checkout>Pay screen when using the Stripe gateway. Can anyone suggest how I may fix this issue? See attached screenshot.

10. 220 Posted by Matt on 10 Feb, 2012 11:00 PM

@pearl, there is no sort products in category by ?

11. 221 Posted by mujtaba on 11 Feb, 2012 11:08 AM

thanks niknak33 you rocked

12. 222 Posted by Pearl on 13 Feb, 2012 03:13 PM

Matt, there is sort products in category by under Catalog & Pricing, then you can select Creation Date or Product Titles or Product Post Order. :-)

13. Support Staff 223 Posted by Jeff on 13 Feb, 2012 03:20 PM

That is 'Sort Products in Catalog'.

Not Category.

Just sayin ... :-)

14. 224 Posted by Pearl on 13 Feb, 2012 04:30 PM

Yes, sorry, just copied and pasted over. I was not careful.

15. 225 Posted by Matt on 13 Feb, 2012 05:29 PM

16. Matt closed this discussion on 13 Feb, 2012 05:29 PM.

17. ivica re-opened this discussion on 13 Feb, 2012 05:31 PM

18. Support Staff 226 Posted by ivica on 13 Feb, 2012 05:31 PM

YES!

19. 227 Posted by Reza on 13 Feb, 2012 10:37 PM

problems resolved in this version? ;)

20. Support Staff 228 Posted by ivica on 13 Feb, 2012 10:59 PM

A LOT of problems! Just check the changelog on Wordpress.org :-)))

I installed it on test enviroment, we'll see in next few days...

21. 229 Posted by Reza on 13 Feb, 2012 11:31 PM

yes, I see, again my website f..ed up ... thank you for testing your plugin on people shop! ... it's not funny and nice ...

22. Support Staff 230 Posted by ivica on 13 Feb, 2012 11:36 PM

In order this doesn't happen I create web site test environment, so if it
    is f***d up due to ANY plugin update/installation, it is not in production
    and no big harm happens (maybe just wasting some time). Only after few days
    testing with good results I would update it in production. Otherwise, all
    other decisions are gambling... even with Wordpress or theme update.

23. 231 Posted by Matt on 13 Feb, 2012 11:48 PM

Would be neat if you told us what the issue was, Reza :)

24. 232 Posted by Reza on 13 Feb, 2012 11:50 PM

Matt, same ... again same old errors ... all prices are zero, featured photos gone ... again I'm going to downgrade to old version ...

25. 233 Posted by Matt on 13 Feb, 2012 11:54 PM

Appears you're the only one with issues at the moment. Forums are pretty quiet !

When you downgrade are you restoring to a 0994 database too? Because if not, then our upgrade script won't run when you install v1.1. Because it thinks your database is already updated !

26. 234 Posted by Reza on 13 Feb, 2012 11:59 PM

Matt, thanks for teaching me what is DB ... rather than insulting others, please work on your plugin, and after testing on your test website, then release it ... it's people's shop.

if I'm angry, because I'm responsible to the shop owner, this shop is not mine. I'm only administrator of the website ...

once to told me " you didn't push upgrade db " and now you tell me " When you downgrade are you restoring to a 0994 database too? "

I don't know why you think I'm stupid!

27. 235 Posted by Matt on 14 Feb, 2012 12:12 AM

Reza,

Sorry to have upset you. I think the intention of my post was misunderstood. Especially with regards to insults. I was merely suggesting helpful thoughts.

I can understand your frustration with a plugin that doesn't appear to work, trust me! Been there, not a fun feeling. However, I can assure you that we have tested the plugin on our test sites before releasing. We always do :).

So is it safe to assume that you are restoring to a previous database? I couldn't quite conclude that from your last post.

28. 236 Posted by Reza on 14 Feb, 2012 12:17 AM

I'm sorry to because I became angry. thanks for responding nice. yes, man, when I downgrade I restore old DB too.

I have no problem with 0994, but problems appeared when I did upgrade to v1.0 and now 1.1 (same problems I have with v.1) ...

fortunately always I do backup of my websites contents and DB ...
    your plugin works nice, but not new versions ;)

29. Support Staff 237 Posted by ivica on 14 Feb, 2012 12:17 AM

...sometimes we need a lot of patience...

30. 238 Posted by Reza on 14 Feb, 2012 12:22 AM

ivica, sorry if I talked bad ... you developers know better than administrators that files and bugs play on brain, but clients (website owners) they don't know anything and they want their websites works fine ... sometimes they ask something only Moses can do!

31. 239 Posted by Matt on 14 Feb, 2012 12:25 AM

Reza, I'm curious to see what starts the issues that appear on your client's site. Would you be interested in letting me login and run through a few debug tests and then update Jigoshop manually? This is so that I can debug why and how the issues you reported happen after the update.

If you're interested, email matt.gates [at] jigoshop.com with a Wordpress admin account please :)

32. Support Staff 240 Posted by ivica on 14 Feb, 2012 12:33 AM

Reza, no problem :-) But, I'm not a developer as well as you aren't, I'm
    just a Jigoshop great fan and Jigoshop translator to 1 language :-) Matt
    will fix it, if it is "broken" it can be corrected, ... usually :-)
    "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It (Jigoshop)"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4G1L8lV6LQ

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac