Please note: This forum is now closed. All the support related enquiries should be reported on wordpress support forum for jigoshop plugin – thanks, Jigoshop Team

New Update Issues

niknak33

01 Feb, 2012 02:14 PM

Hi guys,

I just updated the new plugin and it seems to work fine after a few hiccups. I cannot seem to get any shortcodes working whatsoever. Any help?

Thank you.

1. 92 Posted by Rob Jigo on 02 Feb, 2012 12:57 AM

@Joe Reis those errors are because the file located jigoshop/admin/write-panels/product-data.php is missing. Can you confirm that that file exists from your FTP client? If it does not please download my outofstock fix from above & copy product-data.php into the right location

@Chill thanks for the tip! I love chrome too :)

2. 93 Posted by Joe Reis on 02 Feb, 2012 01:06 AM

Hi Rob,

Thank you very much for your help, you were right I have forgot to upload the product-data.php to the folder...

Thanks again, everything looks just fine now.

Regards,
    Joe

3. 94 Posted by Matt on 02 Feb, 2012 01:54 AM

Rob saves the day :) And it's his day off too !

4. 95 Posted by Chris Brewer on 02 Feb, 2012 02:18 AM

Thanks for the quick fixes here guys. I am still having problems displaying the download link for purchased items. Customers are able to buy the product, they get the email with the link once they pay, but when they return to my site and view their purchase history there is no link to be found.

Anyone have tips?

5. 96 Posted by silhouette on 02 Feb, 2012 02:21 AM

I am still having issues with the Featured Products disappearing even though I applied the fix as per post #77

6. 97 Posted by gworthey on 02 Feb, 2012 03:09 AM

I am still having issues with Featured products after applying the suggested fix as well. I tried adding a new simple and variable product just to test, and they are not showing up either.

7. 98 Posted by gworthey on 02 Feb, 2012 03:14 AM

I also seem to be having a spacing issue. Before the update there was space between the product picture and it's details. Now they're right up against each other. Please see screenshots.

8. 99 Posted by gworthey on 02 Feb, 2012 03:40 AM

After update to 1.0 I'm also having spacing issues with button in Cart. See screenshot.

9. 100 Posted by Chill on 02 Feb, 2012 04:37 AM

Those are easy CSS fixes.... see my comment at #91.

using firefox or chrome to "inspect element" you can adjust the class that's causing the issue.

10. 101 Posted by jami0821 on 02 Feb, 2012 04:43 AM

Hey guys,

If you're using the FreshShop theme, I will have an update for all of those alignment and style issues you're having in a new release soon via ThemeForest.

11. 102 Posted by gworthey on 02 Feb, 2012 04:47 AM

@jami0821 thank you very much. I will be happy to make a donation. I followed you on twitter today. (:>)

12. 103 Posted by jami0821 on 02 Feb, 2012 05:00 AM

Based on the instructions in comment #77, I've remedied the 'Featured Products' widget display issue by:

1. Open '/widgets/featured-products.php' in Jigoshop.

2. Find 'meta_value' => 'yes',

3. Change it to 'meta_value => '1',

It's slightly different than the instructions Matt posted.

13. 104 Posted by gworthey on 02 Feb, 2012 05:13 AM

@jami0821 I have applied both changes, and featured products are still not showing. I have FreshShop theme. Also I just assumed that in number 2 there should be a ' after value

14. 105 Posted by jami0821 on 02 Feb, 2012 05:21 AM

If you're using FreshShop, you'll also need to make the following change to get the Featured Product area to work on the home page:

1. Open '/includes/featured-products-carousel.php', or, '/includes/featured-products-grid.php' depending on which display format you've selected.

2. Find 'meta_value' => 'yes',

3. Change it to 'meta_value' => '1',

The important thing here is to change 'yes' to '1'.

This will be updated in the new FreshShop release (v1.6) soon available.

15. 106 Posted by silhouette on 02 Feb, 2012 05:58 AM

OK...that worked. I do appreciate the effort to fix.

thanks

David

16. 107 Posted by Wes on 02 Feb, 2012 06:35 AM

Jami0821 you're awesome!

I'm glad I purchased your theme, thank you for the support!

17. 108 Posted by Tim Wendelboe on 02 Feb, 2012 07:11 AM

HEllo.
    After updating to V1 I have some issues with the tax settings.
    Most of the countries we have tax settings for is there except Norway which is the country I live in.
    When I try to add new tax rates for Norway I do it as I used to with 4 decimals, but when I click Save Changes it just disappears from the list.

I also had issues with products disappearing from the shop homepage. I hope that future upgrades does not cause problems like this.

18. 109 Posted by underclass on 02 Feb, 2012 11:54 AM

I am unable to access the Product Admin area and all prices are set to 0 on new products! I have read through this post and other but am not recieving fatal errors, just 500 errors when accessing the admin areas.

19. 110 Posted by Rob Jigo on 02 Feb, 2012 12:06 PM

@underclass try turning on wp_debug in your wp-config.php file it could well be a memory issue

20. 111 Posted by underclass on 02 Feb, 2012 12:40 PM

@Rob this doesn't seem to make any difference as all I can see (in chrome) is server error page.

I Cannot access;
    Dashboard
    All Products
    Add Orders

All others seem to work as expected. Removing jigoshop-admin-help.php creates a site-wide access problem, no access at all! I'm running wp 3.3.1

I have also used the out of stock fix too

21. 112 Posted by Rob Jigo on 02 Feb, 2012 12:42 PM

What happens exactly? Blank screen?

22. 113 Posted by underclass on 02 Feb, 2012 12:45 PM

Server error
    The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.liveimagery.co.uk/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=product. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

Pricing also seems to be an issue, displaying as £0.00 when set to £5.00, I'm unable to check in the admin area but the csv upload shos it as 5 on the confirmation page.

23. 114 Posted by Rob Jigo on 02 Feb, 2012 01:19 PM

Have you enabled wp_debug?

24. 115 Posted by byheartbooks on 02 Feb, 2012 01:24 PM

Hi there,

I'm excited about this update, so first of all, thank you! I've been able to fix most glitches using the advice in this thread. But there are still a few minor concerns I can't figure out.

1) A bunch of navigation buttons leading to 404 appeared at the bottom of my home page following the V1 update (right below Latest Products on http://byheartbooks.com/).

2) "The product has been added to your cart" message (or whatever it said) doesn't appear any more as confirmation when someone adds a product to their cart. UPDATE ABOUT 2 HOURS LATER - PLEASE IGNORE THIS POINT; IT'S RESOLVED ITSELF!

3) The "Recently Viewed" widget (which is a great idea!) doesn't seem to work yet. Nothing showed up at all on my shop sidebar when I added it, saved, and refreshed.

Points 2 and 3 are not high priority at all. But if someone can please point me in the right direction to nuke the pagination on my home page, that would be greatly appreciated!

25. 116 Posted by underclass on 02 Feb, 2012 01:33 PM

@Rob yes, also trying debug bar and debug log but there doesn't seem to be anything being generated at all?!

I'm not sure if the db may be corrupted or not as I'm having the price issue as well as no relevant products being shown either, would the db affect the links to admin areas of the site?

26. 117 Posted by Rob Jigo on 02 Feb, 2012 04:31 PM

Not sure if I'm honest, next step is to check your PHP error logs for new entries

27. 118 Posted by Michael on 02 Feb, 2012 04:37 PM

@Tim Wendelboe (post 108)

Can you show a screenshot of your tax settings tab in Jigoshop?

Thanks

28. 119 Posted by Raphael Suzuki on 02 Feb, 2012 05:50 PM

For those having issues with Featured Products shortcode [featured_products], here goes:

1) Open 'jigoshop_shortcodes.php' in 'wp-content/plugins/jigoshop/';
    2) Find the line " 'value' => 'yes' ", it's inside 'function jigoshop_featured_products( $atts ) {';
    3) Change to: 'value' => '1'.

That's it!

29. 120 Posted by Pearl on 02 Feb, 2012 05:54 PM

Hi, per Chill's #91 post.

Anyone having issues with the sale icon... all you have to do is open up the CSS file and look for the class "span.onsale", then change the line where it says "position:absolute" to "position:static"... worked for me...

Where is "span.onsale"? Which CSS file is it? I am a little lost here.

@Matt, thank you for the Featured Product fix. My site is okay now.

30. 121 Posted by Steffen Ongah on 02 Feb, 2012 06:26 PM

anyway can we revert back to previous versions?
    i can't even get the coupon working after i upgraded to v1.0

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac