Please note: This forum is now closed. All the support related enquiries should be reported on wordpress support forum for jigoshop plugin – thanks, Jigoshop Team

New Update Issues

niknak33

01 Feb, 2012 02:14 PM

Hi guys,

I just updated the new plugin and it seems to work fine after a few hiccups. I cannot seem to get any shortcodes working whatsoever. Any help?

Thank you.

1. 272 Posted by Matt on 14 Feb, 2012 06:06 PM

@Gworthey, for removing and adding, click the "Delete" button actually, rather than dragging it out and in

2. 273 Posted by gworthey on 14 Feb, 2012 06:17 PM

@Matt

No go.

3. Support Staff 274 Posted by Jeff on 14 Feb, 2012 06:24 PM

@Bert Peters - certainly something isn't right, I can replicate some of that locally. Although I'm getting different -looks- than your pictures. We'll have to file it for investigation and a hot fix release. There were some last minute CSS changes and it may well have done this to Firefox.

@Gworthey -- strange, can't replicate any problems with it. Do you have a link to your shop so we can look it over?

Anyone else having problems with the Price Filter Widget?

4. 275 Posted by gworthey on 14 Feb, 2012 07:08 PM

@Jeff

Here is link: http://vitesse-exchange.com/

5. 276 Posted by gworthey on 14 Feb, 2012 07:21 PM

6. 277 Posted by bert peters on 14 Feb, 2012 07:28 PM

@gworthey

Using Firefox, in your cart the block with totals, tax and shippingcosts is gone as well. Only the text 'Total' remains.

7. 278 Posted by gworthey on 14 Feb, 2012 07:42 PM

@Bert Thanks man..somehow I missed that.

8. Support Staff 279 Posted by Jeff on 14 Feb, 2012 07:44 PM

@gworthey - I don't disagree that you have something not quite right. But, it does work, try my test site:

http://diverge.blogdns.com/test/store/

You aren't showing any price ranges on the Widget which is concerning. You have in your theme, 3 versions of 'jquery-ui' being loaded. (this is a jquery-ui widget). One located in your theme, one from WordPress (the one Jigoshop uses), and finally one from Googles CDN (a slightly older version, shouldn't matter). There may be some conflict there.

Not sure that's really the problem, just noting it. We'll do a little more checking to see what we can find, and wait as well for any other reports.

9. 280 Posted by gworthey on 14 Feb, 2012 07:51 PM

@Jeff thanks for the follow-up. It's weird, as it worked be 1.0. I'll continue to try to work it out.

10. 281 Posted by Tim on 14 Feb, 2012 09:40 PM

@Jeff Same problem here with the Price Widget... Worked with 1.0 but has disappeared now. Even Passing variables into the URL string does not work.

(I.e /shop/?max_price=70&min_price=0) produces the "No products found which match your selection."

I am developing a custom theme and this is the first instance I have found of this bug.

11. 282 Posted by jwinney on 14 Feb, 2012 11:00 PM

I found that my product weights were knocked out when I updated to 1.1.... Had me going round in circles wondering why my Table Rate shipping (based on weight) wasn't working. I'd be pretty annoyed if I had hundreds of products set up.

12. 283 Posted by gworthey on 15 Feb, 2012 01:04 AM

@Bert I see exactly what your issue is now. I didn't have chrome earlier..but now I see it displays correctly chrome, but not FF or IE.

13. 284 Posted by gworthey on 15 Feb, 2012 02:20 AM

@Bert, @Jeff

I removed all of the css customizations I made in my shop, and the issue we're having with the cart page totals went away. I'm going to add my code back piece by piece to see if I can figure out what causes it.

14. 285 Posted by gworthey on 15 Feb, 2012 04:44 AM

I'm having a a display issue with paypal..please see screenshot. Strange thing it doesn't seem to affect the check out process. I'm able to login to paypal, and it appears that I will be able to complete transaction.

15. Support Staff 286 Posted by Jeff on 15 Feb, 2012 07:41 AM

Thanks for the info on the Price Widget, we have it filed for a fix.

@gworthey -- thanks for that pic too, filed for a fix as well.

16. 287 Posted by Scott Poulin on 16 Feb, 2012 02:32 AM

Product variations issue in Firefox & possibly other browsers.

Symptom: on product info page, multiple variation selects result in broken javascript: \assets\js\script.js

Fix: modify function variations_match, around line 183. Change this:

var val1 = attrs1[name].toLowerCase();
                       var val2 = attrs2[name].toLowerCase();

to:

var val1 = attrs1[name].toLowerCase();
            if ( typeof( attrs2[name] ) == 'undefined' ) {
                var val2 = 'undefined';
            } else {
                var val2 = attrs2[name].toLowerCase();
            }

And it seems to be working!

17. 288 Posted by niknak33 on 17 Feb, 2012 12:18 AM

So I checked out my website finally and add to cart button does not work, i then cleared my cache of my brower and reloaded back to the website and tried again, still does not work. I noticed, once i click on add to cart and it fails to load, none of my pages load until i clear the cache again.

Any help?

18. 289 Posted by inginiumsolution on 17 Feb, 2012 01:35 AM

I just install the updates and have a lot of problems. Same as everyone, all the widgets are gone I try tu put them back but everything in the page looks crippled. How can I fix this?? All the text changed in size, images too..

I dont have too much experience in this. The same day that the website launched is the same day all my hard work is gone.

I need support ASAP please!!!

19. 290 Posted by Clay on 17 Feb, 2012 07:55 PM

Hi, I have spent the last week updating the variation prices on 64 products with an average of 20 variations per product since the last Jigo update made all of my variation prices the same as the base price. My client is beyond peeved and I am done now however, I of course want to update to the newest version but I am very scared of something going wrong. I have read a few minor problems but nothing about product variations, if i keep the current 1.0 version I cannot find anywhere to change the base price and when i add a new product the base price is there but i am having trouble adding variations. Please help me and tell me everything will be okay and I wont lose any info if I update!

20. Support Staff 291 Posted by ivica on 17 Feb, 2012 08:23 PM

My warm advice to you and all others: clone production site to test
    environment (local PC - XAMPP) by Xcloner plugin and THAN try update, do
    not update on production site - observer what happens on the test site
    with the Jigoshop. Nobody can give you guarantee that everything will be
    100% ok after update, not even if that Jigoshop plugin is highly expensive
    plugin, and it is not but just free plugin.

I don't understand why people want to "gamble" with the production site
    rather to sleep peacefully and test all changes on the test site. I wish
    you all the best with the update!

21. 292 Posted by Nigel on 18 Feb, 2012 12:45 AM

I agree with Ivica. It's REALLY important to test anything you do on an offline backup before taking it live.

Thanks, Ivica for the recommendation of Xcloner. I'd been doing mine manually as I couldn't find a decent plugin that successfully backed up the database and the site. This looks like it might work.

22. Support Staff 293 Posted by ivica on 18 Feb, 2012 07:27 AM

Thx Nigel for support :-) Yes, it works 100%, unbelievably good and easy.
    There is only one thing you should take care off while using Xcloner plugin
    - as it is free plugin it has one link inside it which slows down web site
    when it is active. So, when you do your web site cloning deactivate Xcloner
    plugin until next time you need it and everything will be fine :-)

23. 294 Posted by Nigel on 18 Feb, 2012 11:27 AM

Excellent cheers. So activate before clone and deactivate after.
    That's a bit of a shame as it means I won't be able to take advantage of the auto-backup. Not a biggie though as I didn't have auto-backup before.

24. Support Staff 295 Posted by ivica on 18 Feb, 2012 11:34 AM

Nigel, no problem - for autobackups you can easily use fantastic free
    plugin BackWPup which isn't slowing down web site in any manner :-) There
    is a solution (read: plugin) for EVERYTHING on Wordpress...

25. 296 Posted by bert peters on 21 Feb, 2012 11:19 PM

@gworthey @jeff

I found the cart totals problem also in Twentyeleven theme where not only the totalsblock but also the complete cart moves far away to the right side of the screen.

26. Support Staff 297 Posted by Jeff on 22 Feb, 2012 11:53 AM

@Bert -- out of curiousity, do you have a link to your Shop?

Have you done any CSS mods to frontend.css? Maybe in your theme?

twenty-eleven is my main development theme for Jigoshop. I do not experience this symtom.

What browser?

27. 298 Posted by niknak33 on 22 Feb, 2012 04:11 PM

Hi guys,

Has anyone figured out the shopping cart issue? I have customers wanting to order items and need to fix this.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Nik.

www.tristanandxavier.com
    Designer Sunglasses and Eyewear

28. 299 Posted by bert peters on 22 Feb, 2012 04:44 PM

@Jeff

No modification at all.

http://boekkieper.nl using 2011 complete cart plus totalblock disappears under the right edge of my screen.

http://breinbrouwsels.nl using 2010 only Totalsblock in Cart page disapears also to the right.

http://zolderkar.nl using ZeeCorporate 1.1 same as happens with 2010.

http://xelixer.nl using Weaver same as happens to 2010 but now you see a part of the totalsblock.

Go to Winkel and ad something to the Winkelwagen and take a look over there.
    I am using Firefox latest version.

I have tried lots of free wp themes and all have more or less the same problem.

Regards,
    Bert

29. Support Staff 300 Posted by Jeff on 22 Feb, 2012 04:52 PM

Ok, appears to be a Firefox thing at least.

It may need some work, but to see if I'm on the right path, rename or move:

jigoshop/assets/css/frontend.css

... and replace it with the one enclosed. Let me know if it at least displays on the page instead of off to the right?

30. 301 Posted by bert peters on 22 Feb, 2012 06:39 PM

@Jeff

OK! You did a good job, thanks for that.
    I replaced the frontend.css as you asked me to do.
    Works perfect now in Firefox for 2010, 2011 and Weaver. Also the description and price are no longer on the left side under de product picture.
    ZeeCorporate uses 2 lines for Winkelwagen totaal but I think that is OK.
    Take a look to the links I gave you in my previous comment.

Using Chrome, Waever is missing the right vertical endline of the block and zeeCorporate has price etc. left side under the product picture.and misses also the vertical line on the right side of the totalblock.

Using Internet Explorer gives missing vertical endline in totalblock for Weaver and price etc. on the left side under the product picture.

So, I think that the Standard themes works fine in all browsers.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac